Parks Information & Reservations
Parks Department Events
Parks Job Opportunities
The mission of the Department of Parks and Recreation is to preserve our parks and open spaces and provide essential recreational programs and cultural services in a safe, professional and friendly manner.
The Racine Parks, Recreation, and Cultural Services Department has parks totaling over 1,100 plus acres. Five community centers and many other facilities are available providing a wide variety of recreational opportunities.
Parks, Recreation & Cultural Services Department
City Hall Annex Building:
800 Center Street, Room 127
Racine, WI 53403
Office Hours 8:00 a.m. to 4:55 p.m. (Open Lunch Hour)
Monday - Friday
262-636-9131 - PHONE
262-636-9277 - FAX
Contact Us Online
Payment Information The Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department accepts Master Card and Visa Card, cash and checks for all registrations, and programs payments. WPRA Ticket's may only be purchased with Master Card and Visa Card or a cash payment.
Activities & Sports Hotline Dial 637-7678 for softball, volleyball and basketball cancellations. This is a twenty-four hour service with recorded information.
City of Racine, Parks, Recreation and Cultural Services Department
800 Pershing Park Drive
Hours: 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM
This facility is located at Pershing Park (800 Pershing Park Drive on Racine’s lakefront) for skateboards, in-line skates, and BMX bikes only. The park is 18,000 square feet and features various ramps, a street course, and beginner’s area. Racine Skateboard Park hours are 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. in the
spring, summer and fall. The park is not supervised . . . you skateboard at your own risk!
• You should wear proper protective equipment while you use this facility, such as a helmet, elbow pads, knee pads, etc.
• Please check the facility for unsafe conditions before you skate and report conditions that may require repair to the Parks, recreation & Cultural Services Department at 636-9131.
• You are prohibited from bringing into the Skate Park any ramps, boxes or other devices.
• In case of Emergency, Dial 911!
• Skateboards, in-line skates and BMX bikes only.
• Bicycles must be parked outside the fenced area in the bike rack.
• Persons not skating or biking are prohibited from entering the Skate Park Facility.
This is your skate park.
Help preserve the park by:
• Protecting it from graffiti and abuse
• Respecting the neighbors by keeping noise to a minimum
• Inspecting the premises before use and removing debris that could interfere with safe use of the facility
• Being courteous to other skaters
• Not bringing food or glass into the facility
• Provides a safe alternative to street skating and biking.
• Aesthetically pleasing addition to Pershing park.
• Excellent community support for our youth.
• Positive youth activity for all ages.
• Improves athletic abilities
• Builds positive peer support and self-esteem
• Designed to advance skill levels
For further information, contact:
Duncan Cortez at (262) 636-9568
Make A Payment
For more information on making payments:
Find City Services
For more information on city services:
Send Us a Message
Select the link below to offer feedback: