Parks Information and Reservations
Johnson Park Dog Run is an excellent place to take your furry friend! This 17-acre wetland adjacent to the Root River is a beautiful area for dogs to run freely. Please note the area is not fenced in. A gravel parking lot immediately off HWY 38 is available. A pathway through the park will lead you to wooded and open areas.
Location: 4829 Hwy. 38 (south of 4 Mile Rd. on the east side of the highway)
Hours of operation: Monday – Sunday 6 a.m. – 10 p.m.
Park Usage Rules:
- Please remember that the park is surrounded by private property owners. PLEASE observe the ‘NO TRESPASSING’ and ‘PRIVATE PROPERTY’ signs.
- Please keep your persons, vehicles, and dogs out of the farm fields.
- The use of practice guns is prohibited in this park.
- No animals other than dogs are permitted in the dog park.
- Dogs under 6 months of age and female dogs in heat are prohibited.
- Children under 12 must be closely supervised at all times by an adult. It is strongly urged that young children not be brought to the dog park for their own safety.
- No food or treats (human or dog), alcoholic beverages, strollers, or children’s toys are allowed in the dog park.
- Dog waste MUST be cleaned up by the dog owners and please take your trash with you.
- Dogs must be controlled or on a leash when entering and exiting the off leash dog area.
- Dog owners MUST be in the park and have voice control over their dogs, and a leash in their possession at all times.
- Excessive barking and aggressive behavior is prohibited.