I have a Warrant

Arrest orders from the Municipal Court are called Commitments. Pretty much the only reason the Municipal Court will have issued a commitment is if you did not pay a forfeiture within the time given.

If you simply pay the forfeiture, the commitment will be canceled. It can be paid at the counter of the Racine Police Department. If you cannot afford to pay, you can simply call the clerk’s office and ask to come before the court. While you are waiting for the court date, the commitment remains outstanding and you continue to be in danger of being arrested.

When you come before the court, it would be a good idea to be prepared to pay much of what you owe right away. You should also be prepared to explain (1) how much you can afford to pay in monthly installments or (2) how long it will be for your to pay the balance due in a lump sum. The judge may also ask you to explain why you didn’t take care of seeking an extension before it got this far.

Bottom border